Theological reasons to believe the God of the Bible ALONE is capable of producing the universe. (remember that the word “Universe” means “one word.”)
- Jesus had confidence in the clear words of the Torah (thus Genesis) when He said in Luke 16:31 “If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rise from the dead.” Also, His endorsement of the reality of Adam and Eve from the BEGINNING, and not billions of years AFTER the beginning is clear in Matthew 19:4. There are many passages testifying to Jesus’ absolute endorsement on the principal of the inerrancy of the Holy Hebrew Scriptures.
- If Jesus is not all-powerful enough to be our Creator, there is no way He could be powerful enough to be our Savior. (John 1:1, 14, Col. 1:16 & 17)
- Christian faith is based on the authority and integrity of Holy Scripture. So if we can not trust the foundational statements of Genesis to be clear, unambiguous, accurate, and totally truthful, there is no reason for anyone to place their personal confidence in other passages of Scripture upon which their hope for eternal salvation should rest. (Heb. 11:3, Rev. 14:7)
- Paul’s preaching of the resurrection of Christ to pagans at Mars Hill was based on the premise that the same God was also CREATOR and SUSTAINER (LORD) of heaven and earth.
- The cornerstone of Christian faith is the declaration of God’s law at Sinai, wherein the literal miraculous creation of God in six normal DAYS is the basis for the timeless order of the law of work and rest. Without this there is no explanation for the historic 7-day week that has transcended cultures worldwide from before the most ancient secular historic records. (Exodus 20:11)
Logical reasons to believe the Biblical account of creation is a better explanation for origins than evolution
- Creation is intricately designed, integrated, purposeful, and full of aesthetic beauty. These attributes can only be satisfactorily explained by virtue of an intelligent, personal, meaningful Creator, since the only alternative is randomness with no purposeful, orderly cause.
- The natural creation and all living creatures are filled with systematic information that cannot have originated by itself. Information requires intelligence. Increasing orders of information from simple levels of life to the most complex cannot be explained naturalistically because you can never get MORE information from LESS information.
- To exclude the purposeful intelligence of the Creator from the creation requires one to believe that natural physical elements are eternal and that those elements, left to themselves over time, can randomly produce all the vast variety of living things. Such false reasoning is similar to expecting the chemistry of paper to produce the knowledge of the encyclopedia to be written on it without the external application of intelligent creativity.
Scientific observations that cause the creation explanation to make more sense than evolution.
- Irreducible complexities in the most basic living systems demand an intelligent designer, creator and sustainer. Innumerable complex details must be simultaneously in place for even the most “simple” creatures or their organs to function at all. There can be no “incipient” (incomplete) immune system, reproductive system, digestive system, visual perception system, circulatory system, etc.
- The Anthropic Principle, witnessed in thousands of ways on planet earth, clearly demonstrates that the creation is designed for life, and particularly man, to thrive here. Earth’s environment is so delicately balanced that even slight adjustments or deletions of certain features would make life and human life utterly impossible. A whole book could be written on this with chapters on the perfect order of features in the cosmos (solar system), the atmosphere, the earth’s chemistry, the geology, the hydrologic cycle, the synergy of life forms, the sizes of everything from tidal variations, to bananas, and the timing of everything from seasons and days to animal growth cycles and migratory patterns.
- The computer-like code of all life called DNA, which carries the genetic information regulating every phase of all living systems, is so exceedingly complex that even pagan scientists have acknowledged their absolute awe at the miraculous marvel of its complexity.
General reasons why a thinking person should believe the Biblical account of creation rather than evolution.
- The intricate order of nature demands an explanation. To deny the purposefulness of the Creator requires NOT FAITH (of the Biblical kind in a Supreme Awesome Designer) but GULLIBILITY in simplistic, humanly contrived concepts that ascribe powers to material objects that are totally impossible.
- The rejection of divine creation (and its cultural implications of moral accountability) by much of modern society has led to a plague of meaninglessness, moral depravity, lawlessness, and the bloodiest century of death in all of human history.
- Every aspect of evolutionary dogma is totally unsupported by ANY facts. Much of evolutionary scenarios are completely opposite to Biblical and scientific realities. Every evolutionary axiom and supposed proof has been thoroughly controverted by careful scientific exploration and examination. Many hoaxes of evolutionary scientists have been popularized by a seductive popular press for decades, only to be exposed and defeated by serious collective investigation.